When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Truck Basket Question

-

OhioJones

Wore out three sets of tires already!
What exactly is it that I am to be looking for in order to distinguish the difference between having a large or small basket frame?

Going to start the search for one and I'd like to get the proper basket for my bicycle.

Thanks.

Nut welded on to the top bar of the frame,threaded,for the top support bar for the large basket,that wraps around the fork tube.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Any chance you have a photo? I don't think that I have that nut, but would like to see one. Matter of fact, I can almost guarantee that I don't have it, but would still like to see one.
Keith, not the first time you've come to the rescue and answered my questions regarding CT's. Appreciate it, man. =] Thanks.

If it doesn't have it,at least pre 1955,it's most likely a small basket cycletruck. I don't have pix of my old,orig 41 large basket cycletruck.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Okie dokie. Much obliged, Keith. I will putz around tomorrow while at work and try to find a photo just for the ol' brains sake and for future reference. Love learning new stuff!
=]

Okie dokie. Much obliged, Keith. I will putz around tomorrow while at work and try to find a photo just for the ol' brains sake and for future reference. Love learning new stuff!
=]

Here's a shot of both types.. Hope that helps.
CT1.jpg

CT2.JPG

REC

Wow, wouldn't ever have noticed that without seeing the two together. Crazy.

You're the best, Roland. Thanks, buddy!

Further note - I just saw a '67 frame for sale with the nut for the big basket - almost broke my promise to myself. Only one more CT frame I'm looking for and I promised myself not to buy any other ones until that one comes along.

The earliest one I've seen with the nut is my all original '41. I've seen a 20" frame with a nut too, and they were only made through pre-war.
REC

Back