When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Truck hootus

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kickstand3

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Does anyone know what this is for. I’m thinking it’s to lock the stand up so you just can’t take off on it. Never seen one .

AB6893CF-1B34-4EC7-81E9-A4D910A7B2D5.jpeg

C47BD0BD-9EB8-4224-BABA-3157390AC24F.jpeg

9222C2FC-02DD-43B5-A2AB-643AC192F130.jpeg

When I did papers we had a special 'poker' - some of them looked like that rod. They were a tool we were given for opening the street coin paper boxes without a key or money to load them with the papers we didn't sell or take some if we ran short. You can still use a 'poker' on some of the vintage coin boxes that are still in use.
But CJ's theory is probably more accurate.

When I did papers we had a special 'poker' - some of them looked like that rod. They were a tool we were given for opening the street coin paper boxes without a key or money to load them with the papers we didn't sell or take some if we ran short. You can still use a 'poker' on some of the vintage coin boxes that are still in use.
But CJ's theory is probably more accurate.
Interesting !

You mean locking the drop stand in up position? Or down so no one can ride away?
Oh Yah, I meant locking the stand while down holding the bike because it would be at least twice as heavy with that basket full of papers or whatever. It looks like it will fit into the hole in the lower bracket or support plate you've included a pic of and keep it from moving. I think you've got it figured out already....it's the rack lock - up or down? ... not sure without playing with it. Also just noticed that it might have some black paint on it, indicating perhaps that it came with the rack.?

Last edited:
Oh Yah, I meant locking the stand while down holding the bike because it would be at least twice as heavy with that basket full of papers or whatever. It looks like it will fit into the hole in the lower bracket or support plate you've included a pic of and keep it from moving. I think you've got it figured out already....it's the rack lock - up or down? ... not sure without playing with it. Also just noticed that it might have some black paint on it, indicating perhaps that it came with the rack.?
That makes sense to me this is probably the most original
Cycle Truck out there. Never seen this Hootus before though

9066A1EC-5A21-4E3A-B9E8-86E7BC8FD633.jpeg

312FA6E5-409F-4DFF-B062-BFEADC79C7D0.jpeg

Wow that's ginormous! Wayy too big to be for newspapers...I couldn't tell previously. Very cool rig! No tellin' what it's meant to haul around?

Back