When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycle Truck Stem?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

oskisan

I live for the CABE
I am not that familiar with the cycle truck, but I recently came across an older vintage bike with this super long stem and can only relate it (to the best of my limited ability) to the cycle truck. Is this correct (there are no "S" or "AS" bolts on it to clearly distinguish it as schwinn), or is this off some other bike perhaps?

Thanks,
Ken-

IMG_1142.JPG
IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG

I am not that familiar with the cycle truck, but I recently came across an older vintage bike with this super long stem and can only relate it (to the best of my limited ability) to the cycle truck. Is this correct (there are no "S" or "AS" bolts on it to clearly distinguish it as schwinn), or is this off some other bike perhaps?

Thanks,
Ken-

View attachment 687275 View attachment 687276 View attachment 687277
May be off a rear steeer Colson tandum bike

There was also a stem the Koolkids used to modify their bikes with butterfly bars check out the all things schwinn thread for some details and pictures even an ad for a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say no to that being a Cycle Truck stem. I'm no certified expert, but I've owned a two post war's and have a pre war Cycle Truck. Non of my stems looked like that. They all looked the same as Schwinn stems relative to their given year but just much longer.

Last edited:
I'd say no to that being a Cycle Truck stem. I'm no certified expert, but I've owned a two post war's and have a pre war Cycle Truck. Non of my stems looked like that. They all looked the same as Schwinn stems relative to their given year but just much longer.

As an owner of 3 Cycle Trucks I'd say you are right on the cusp of being an expert maybe not certified but close! I think the link I posted earlier ID's it as an aftermarket stem but I'm not sure who the manufacturer was?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a Schwinn cycle truck stem, but if you don't have the right one, it will work. The Roadmaster cycle trucks had there own different stem too.

Back