When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cycletruck question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rusty.kirkpatrick

I live for the CABE
Picked this up yesterday and I’m trying to get an idea of the year. Working all weekend so I can’t get a serial # til Monday, but I’m impatient. Can’t be that old, has forward facing dropouts. It’s far from correct. I really never looked twice at Cycletrucks, but after staring at it for about 30 minutes, I pulled the trigger. Also, never find anything even remotely cool locally. Been doing a little research and it’s seems the top and bottom bars are closer together than the others I’m seeing, also the gap between the headtube and the diagonal bar seems smaller. Appreciate any help.

80F6D5CB-9127-490B-96C6-8083DFF884E9.jpeg
5EA451DA-DD22-4303-8596-35CC6FA8993B.jpeg
83937B7C-34FE-42AC-A9E1-AFBA6AE1BBF9.jpeg

Looks nice - PM sent due to issues noticed. Serial number will be necessary
REC

EDIT: Stuff was posted here while I was PM'ing...
This is (or was) an 18" frame - the 20" went away at the beginning of the war.
I am not sure exactly what or where/why this frame was modified, but there are several interesting points. The diagonal brace disappeared at the beginning of '52, but the downtube remained straight until the beginning of '54.... Take a look at the frame.

REC

Last edited:
Looks nice - PM sent due to issues noticed. Serial number will be necessary
REC

EDIT: Stuff was posted here while I was PM'ing...
This is (or was) an 18" frame - the 20" went away at the beginning of the war.
I am not sure exactly what or where/why this frame was modified, but there are several interesting points. The diagonal brace disappeared at the beginning of '52, but the downtube remained straight until the beginning of '54.... Take a look at the frame.

REC

Rec, the 1946-1948 catalog specs say the Cycle Truck was available in an 18 and 20 inch frame. Is that false?

Get`em Rusty !!! Looks like someone has spent some time and money on this bike already. From the photos looks very nice and complete.
Could maybe add a more original type seat- You`re enjoy this bike if you`ve never rode one- it`s different and takes some getting use to.
Could result in you getting a new part time job - delivering groceries... Good Luck and God Bless,---Cowboy

Get`em Rusty !!! Looks like someone has spent some time and money on this bike already. From the photos looks very nice and complete.
Could maybe add a more original type seat- You`re enjoy this bike if you`ve never rode one- it`s different and takes some getting use to.
Could result in you getting a new part time job - delivering groceries... Good Luck and God Bless,---Cowboy
Haven’t rode it yet, but might be able to make a few extra bucks and lose a few pounds while I’m at it, lol.

I’m thinking it was modified/repaired at some point. I couldn’t find an exact matching frame on the web.

I forgot to mention that I'm partial to white ones!
This is the '46 I was able to re-do, unfortunately without all the striping due to the stripe guy passing away before I finished the bike:
46 B84771 B.jpg

I most likely will be building a CT2 in the same color in a while. I REALLY like 'em white.

REC

Back