When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CYCLONE COASTER - 2017 City of Lake Forest 4th of July Parade - TUESDAY July 4th 2017

-

cyclonecoaster.com

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
CYCLONE COASTER is ENTRY # 31 this year

YES - It's already time again for the 2017 City of Lake Forest 4th of July Parade again - CYCLONE COASTER has participated in this parade since 2008 & always looks forward to being a part of it each & every year

CYCLONE COASTER is entry # 31 this year in the 2017 City of Lake Forest 4th of July Parade - CYCLONE COASTER invites ALL RIDERS on their VINTAGE BICYCLES to come down & show the hometown crowds their favorite vintage bicycles

FOR PARKING - I recommend to get to the Bank of America parking lot ( Corner of El Toro Road & Serrano ) around 9:00 am for final 4th of July bicycle decorating & to get a CYCLONE COASTER t-shirt - until 9:30 am BEFORE WE GO TO THE PARADE STAGING AREA

THE 4th of July PARADE DETAILS

PARADE STARTS @ 10:00am SHARP
CHILDREN UNDER 18 YEARS of AGE MUST WEAR A HELMET OR PARADE OFFICIALS WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO PARTICIPATE
PARADE PARKING @ the Bank of America parking lot on the corner of El Toro road & Serrano
STAGING FOR THE PARADE @ 9:30 am in front of El Toro High School - Look for # 31 & vintage bicycles
PARADE IS OVER by 12 noon
LUNCH will be @ "THE STAND" in Irvine ( Located between the 5 & 405 freeways - Jeffrey Drive / Alton - in the Gelsons / Osh Hardware Shopping Center food court area )

DON'T FORGET the following

( 1 ) BRING WATER & Sun Block
( 2 ) RIDE A VINTAGE BICYCLE ( REQUIRED )
( 3 ) WEAR A CYCLONE COASTER T-SHIRT ( REQUIRED ) - which I will have CYCLONE COASTER T-SHIRTS with me until 9:30 am - ARRIVE EARLY IF YOU NEED A CYCLONE COASTER T-SHIRT

PARADE REQUIREMENTS

[1] You MUST ride a vintage bicycle - For those that are curious - CYCLONE COASTER defines "Vintage" as 1930's through 1960's

NO Electra cruisers or townies - NO mountain bikes - NO modern Walmart bikes - you get the idea - The crowds young & old like to see the Vintage bicycles we ride - So lets show them what we enjoy to ride on the weekends

[2] You must wear a CYCLONE COASTER t-shirt

I have CYCLONE COASTER t-shirts always available BEFORE EVERY CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride & I will have some @ the Bank of America parking lot BEFORE the 4th of July Parade until 9:30 am

The Parade Requirements are simple -- NO vintage bicycle -- NO CYCLONE COASTER t-shirt -- EQUALS NO PARADE PARTICIPATION

This is always a great parade to be a part of @ the 2017 City of Lake Forest 4th of July Parade we had 30 CYCLONE COASTER family members who joined in the parade magic - You never know how warm it will be - In 2016 it was perfect temps in the mid 70's with a light breeze from the Pacific Ocean - while in past years we had temps close to 100 degrees - just bring a water & some sunscreen & a hat & you will be prepared for anything - Always great local crowd of on lookers cheering everyone line the streets every year & the crowds always enjoy the vintage bicycles from the CYCLONE COASTER family as we roll by on our vintage bicycles

The parade coverage is MUCH BETTER as of last year & it can been seen on the COX local access station live the day of the event & several times after the event - check local listings for air times

AFTER the 4th of July Parade

I found a great place called "THE STAND" which is in IRVINE off Jeffrey Drive & Alton ( between the 5 & 405 freeways - closer to the 405 ) - "THE STAND" is new to Irvine - but has several locations in the Los Angeles area & Some of us went here after the Laguna Niguel Chritmas Parade last year - REALLY GOOD with INCREDIBLE locally sourced BURGERS - DOGS - SIDES - SALADS - DESERTS & more - QUICK on point service too ... those who missed out after the Christmas Parade - MISSED OUT .. come & enjoy a great lunch together on your way to the rest of the 4th of July this year - you won't be disappointed

I hope to see everyone this year @ the 2017 City of Lake Forest 4th of July Parade & lunch @ "THE STAND" .. Frank

Our thanks again to the City of Lake Forest for hosting this great event each year & to the CYCLONE COASTER family - As I get the details on this event - I will post them here on our website - facebook & online forum thecabe ( Classic Antique Bicycle Exchange ) ... Ride Vintage - Frank

4th of July  CYCLONE SIGN .jpg
IMG_1417.JPG
Roadmaster CT Parade Dress 2012 copy.jpg
CYCLONE COASTER Parade line up Cory July 4th 2016.jpg
IMG_1409.JPG

2015 4th of July Parade - Ladies.jpg
CycloneParadeWait.jpg
2015 4th of July Parade - Tony.jpg
Patriotic ladies 4th of July 2016.jpg
2015 4th of July Parade - 1941 Shelby Safety Bike in HB.jpg

Last edited:
If you can make it down Sunday July 2nd to the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride - Monday July 3rd - A day off - maybe a strand ride in Newport to Huntington Beach & stick around until Tuesday for the City of Lake Forest 4th of July Parade followed by lunch & maybe another strand ride - A great weekend in my mind

Question , can i pull a buggy cart for my daughter ? Are they allowed for the 4th of July parade?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back