When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cyrus Great Western Bike Need Help In Pricing Before Selling

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

mike1117

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have never cleaned this or even put a wrench to this bike. I have ridden it, bot a bad rider. My father's name was Cyril, but also went by Cyrus or Cy. So when searching for Stingray's I saw this bike and thought I might take off the head badge and keep that. Probably easier to purchase a head badge and just sell this bike as it is. I searched Cyrus here on the Cabe but did not find much out about this bike. I have no idea if it is a $50 bike or a $1000 bike so I would appreciate any help before I list it for sale. I would guess the Bendix rear hub might not be original. Looks like possibly all original paint, maybe did not come with a chain guard? Has made in USA Goodyear tires on the bike. Rides and stops well, nice looking seat maybe original. I would really appreciate any help in telling me what I have, maybe about what year this might be, what is original and what is not and an estimate of price I should ask. Any type of info is welcome and I am sure would also be appreciated by any prospective purchaser. Serial # on bottom of crank hard to read but looks like F 7636 is stamped on there. I will a post a lot of photos of this bike. Thanks for looking.

102_0693.JPG

102_0676.JPG

102_0663.JPG

102_0664.JPG

102_0665.JPG

102_0666.JPG

102_0667.JPG

102_0668.JPG

102_0669.JPG

102_0670.JPG

102_0671.JPG

102_0672.JPG

102_0757.JPG

102_0756.JPG

102_0758.JPG

Looks like a 1937-F Snyder-built at Michigan City with the older GWM Cyrus head badges (made of zinc alloy?).
Similar to this rusty MW Hawthorne, but in better shape (and many swapped parts).
Not sure on prices.
One above has a reinforced head tube.

Last edited:
Thanks, it will be for sale if I can learn more about the bike and possible value/price to put on it. Thanks.

Back