When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D&J hanger

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I read the statement to mean that the D&J hangers built in that time frame, (after the flood, possibly before, and before the sale of Hudson), were made to order and purchased by Schwinn.
So one might find D&J hangers on Schwinn bikes of that era.
Phil, you may want to re-read this in the morning when the holiday eggnog has worn off:

"The bicycles which it has marketed (Hudson Mfr. Co.) were made under contract by Arnold, Schwinn, & Co., of Chicago."

It doesn't say the company was flooded and now only focuses on D&J hangers and has sold a batch Arnold, Schwinn, & Co., of Chicago.

bicycli52301905241906newy_0322.jpg

Great thread from Page One. So Miami settled a lawsuit with Pope (ABC) in 1905 for the rights to use the D&J sleeved crank hanger patented design.. (originally Smith) Miami then became sole owner of the hanger, design and equipment after the 1908 purchase of Hudson. (see above) ~~From 1908 Miami must have been making all their own cranksets in house, including the vaunted D&J sleeved design, along with surely other designs as makers moved to One Piece arms.. I was perusing the Pre-1917 Consolidated Manufacturing thread and saw this very D&J appearing Crankset made in 1907 by Consolidated posted by @dmk441 similar perhaps to the @fat tire trader post early in this thread. What allowed it to avoid the Pope patent infringement lawsuit?
1703617633201.png

Consolidated seems to have made all their own cranks including a One piece design described below.
1703619383784.jpeg

Last edited:
Just in case any of you avid D&J crank hanger fans have been hunting for this elusive piece of hardware I have a complete setup currently up for sale or trade.

Back