When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D. P. Harris 1936 Cadet

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I for one love the Snyder frame and have both a MW Hawthorne and Zenith badged HP Harris version.
If I'm not mistaken, a "Zep" Snyder frame would include a plate welded to the bottom of the lower frame with a Wise lock Installed. The lock would engage with the rear of the fork locking it in one of several angles (for security). These Snyder double bar frames seemed to have adopted the Zep name but true Zeps are on the rare side. Anyone else with any specifics concerning "Zep" features?
For me, a real Snyder framed Zep is bucket list material:).

Hope you post your build so we can watch it come along!

I for one love the Snyder frame and have both a MW Hawthorne and Zenith badged HP Harris version.
If I'm not mistaken, a "Zep" Snyder frame would include a plate welded to the bottom of the lower frame with a Wise lock Installed. The lock would engage with the rear of the fork locking it in one of several angles (for security). These Snyder double bar frames seemed to have adopted the Zep name but true Zeps are on the rare side. Anyone else with any specifics concerning "Zep" features?
For me, a real Snyder framed Zep is bucket list material:).

Hope you post your build so we can watch it come along!
Actually that year has a lock built into the fork similar to a Schwinn cyclelock. Regardless of year no lock = no Zep. V/r Shawn

Actually that year has a lock built into the fork similar to a Schwinn cyclelock. Regardless of year no lock = no Zep. V/r Shawn
Thanks Shawn, I was hoping you would chime in, from what I remember, you have both a Zep as well as the Comet. Hmmmm, didn't know that about the lock....thought they were all frame mounted.

@bike, I just noticed the Stem...these frames are a bit short so if you turn the seat post 180 and add a longer stem like that it will be a more comfortable ride. If I'm not mistaken, an original stem on an HP Harris would be an Art Deco style with groves on each side.

Thanks Shawn, I was hoping you would chime in, from what I remember, you have both a Zep as well as the Comet. Hmmmm, didn't know that about the lock....thought they were all frame mounted.

@bike, I just noticed the Stem...these frames are a bit short so if you turn the seat post 180 and add a longer stem like that it will be a more comfortable ride. If I'm not mistaken, an original stem on an HP Harris would be an Art Deco style with groves on each side.

'37 Zep locking fork

'38-9 Zep Lock

Back