When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D.P. Harris find? Need help with date.

-

rustyspoke66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Found this bike today and just got it home. My buddy got a tip on some one who had some old bikes and this is what we found. Now I just need to find out what it is. It has a Marrow rear hub D.P. Harris chainring and no head badge, the screw holes for the head badge are on the sides of the head tube and are about 1-7/8" apart. It looks like a Persons saddle and Persons pedals. The rims are 28" they measure 635mm dia. and are clinchers not glue on
CIMG0029-1.jpg

CIMG0030-1.jpg

CIMG0031-1.jpg

CIMG0032-1.jpg

CIMG0033-1.jpg

CIMG0034-1.jpg

Strings-n-Spokes cool Zenith, I have a girls Zenith in green that would go great with that bike.
Adamtinkerer, I think your right that looks alot like the bike I picked up. Its nice to see some frame graphics. Would you have a close up of the head badge?
Another question I have is the rims, I have not seen this type before. They look like clincher rims not glue on style.

C3 is the third quarter of 1933 which feels good for the date of the bike also. The 28" single tube Snyder moto-frames from the early 30's are narrower at the upper fender bridge than the modified version of the frame that was developed for balloon tire fitment. The modified frames entered production probably just after your frame was built and were widened in back to accept the balloon wheels but otherwise very similar. On early Balloon frames the fender bridge was left high to clear optional 28" wheels and a spacer was fitted when the smaller radius balloon fenders were fitted. Snyder models fitted with 28" wheels continued to use the fork your bike uses while balloon equipped frames were fitted with the wider quadriplate crown fork.

Is there a good chart for dateing the Morrow hubs? So is it 3rd quarter of 32 or 33. I had thought that A=30, B=31, C=32, D=33 and so on. Or does A=31? I had posted some pictures of a early ladies Zenith with a Morrow hub with a date code of E2 should be the second quarter of 35 right?. I just found out there was a date code about a year ago so this is fairly new to me.

Last edited:
Rusty, I think what Phil means is that the letter C equals the third quarter of the year, second quarter would be "B", etc...... Nice bike by the way!

The letter is the year and A=1931. The number represents the quarter of the year, 1 through 4. C3 represents a hub production date of 1933, third quarter.

Back