When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dad's 1938 Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gsaletom

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have my Fathers old Schwinn bicycle which I don't know a lot about.
I remember riding side saddle with him with a towel on the top tube in the 1960's.
I'm into road bikes and don't know what this is really worth. I'm new to the Cabe.
The bike needs some TLC. It has been in storage since my father passed away.
I did put in new tubes, and a fresh coat of wax.I do have the key for the locking fork.
I would like the bike go to a good home and not be parted out.
I just want to find out what this bike is worth, kind on the fence about selling it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.
image00.jpg
image01.jpg
image02.jpg
image03.jpg
image04.jpg
image05.jpg
image06.jpg
image07.jpg
image08.jpg
image09.jpg
image10.jpg
image11.jpg
image12.jpg
image13.jpg
image14.jpg
image15.jpg
image16.jpg
image17.jpg
image18.jpg
image00.jpg

Last edited:
Cool bike, nice patina. With the forebrake and overal nice condition....my guesstimate would be around the $800 mark. Keep in mind, that's not a professional evaluation and it largely depends on the antique bike market in your area or if you're willing to ship. Others may chime in with a different opinion. If I were selling it, I'd ask $900 shipped.

Nice bike! It looks like it was converted to a 1/2 pitch chain setup at some point, It wouldn't be too hard to switch back but if you had the original parts that would be great. Its also missing the chain guard but the front drum hub is a nice bonus. Pretty sure that brake lever is actually a whizzer clutch lever. Here's a similar bike that was listed recently. http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1936-schwinn-double-bar-roadster-original-complete.100116/

Cool bike, nice patina. With the forebrake and overal nice condition....my guesstimate would be around the $800 mark. Keep in mind, that's not a professional evaluation and it largely depends on the antique bike market in your area or if you're willing to ship. Others may chime in with a different opinion. If I were selling it, I'd ask $900 shipped.

Ignore this valuation, way off base.

Killer early '37 roadster with an early '40 drum and brake handle with cable. You could probably get close to 800 for just those parts alone on a good day.

Amazing family story to boot, thanks for sharing.

Here's my later 37 for chainring and chainguard reference.

IMG_4007.JPG

I don't see it. You sure that brake lever isn't from a whizzer? I would like to learn more about it if it isnt.

Very cool bike, definitely don't think you would have a problem finding a good home for this one. Very cool bike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back