When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dads bike under way

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pretty sure you have a 1930 Westfield/Columbia. Here's my 1930, serial H65189.
1930 Columbia.jpg

1930 Columbia #2.jpg

1930 Columbia #6.jpg

Dave... I've looked @ this Columbia Jr roadster ad and I did not like the tight pinch @ the upper end of the rear-axle seat stays. That pinch is not in the photos of your frame... Also, You gave a clear photo of the headtube bearing cups; and, they compare to Shelby bearing cups I see in examples below, but, they do not compare to the Columbia, Westfield photos I've seen. You said your Dad was saying it was a Shelby... It HAS a Shelby chain ring. The Shelby Lindy and the Shelby Whippet(s) I've seen have an older style of chain ring; and, yours is right for an early '30s Shelby bike. I'm singling out a pair of good old fellas, @catfish and @hoofhearted . I also give you a link below where I only checked the first two pages; but, here are page and post numbers to consider: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/the-motorbike-era.92947/
Page 1 post #16 is from Hoofhearted; Scroll & Check out the tanks from his Lindy; earlier post #4 he states he has had a '35 Shelby built King-B.
Page 1 post #17 is from Catfish
Page 2 post 24 (scroll to eighth photo) A Shelby Fox (head-badge rivets are on the side, horizontal) etc...
Just my 2 cents; Your building a beauty!

Last edited:
Thanks! Dad said the crank was replaced, but maybe the CR wasn't? The rear end axle stays by the seat post I 100% agree. It does not have the tight curve of a Columbia, but the SN is what through me off. The page 2 eighth photo has the right axle stays. It was / is a 28" wheeled bike. The tool box he bought as a kid and put it on.

Dave... I've looked @ this Columbia Jr roadster ad and I did not like the tight pinch @ the upper end of the rear-axle seat stays. That pinch is not in the photos of your frame... Also, You gave a clear photo of the headtube bearing cups; and, they compare to Shelby bearing cups I see in examples below, but, they do not compare to the Columbia, Westfield photos I've seen. You said your Dad was saying it was a Shelby... It HAS a Shelby chain ring. The Shelby Lindy and the Shelby Whippet(s) I've seen have an older style of chain ring; and, yours is right for an early '30s Shelby bike. I'm singling out a pair of good old fellas, @catfish and @hoofhearted . I also give you a link below where I only checked the first two pages; but, here are page and post numbers to consider: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/the-motorbike-era.92947/
Page 1 post #16 is from Hoofhearted; Scroll & Check out the tanks from his Lindy; earlier post #4 he states he has had a '35 Shelby built King-B.
Page 1 post #17 is from Catfish
Page 2 post 24 (scroll to eighth photo) A Shelby Fox (head-badge rivets are on the side, horizontal) etc...
Just my 2 cents; Your building a beauty!

So looking at the picture I, along with help from all you guys, have ruled out Columbia and am satisfied it is a Shelby. Looking at the rear axle stays is a dead give away. Now I just have to find out what Shelby head badges mounted horizontally and not vertical in 1930-31. He said he remembers it being raised like a Rollfast badge. I had no luck last week finding it. The chap I thought may have gotten it said he didn't.
1564059713406.png

Dave; I know of three special caber's who know a lot about badges! @catfish , @hoofhearted , @sm2501 , (theCABE's benefactor); perhaps we can get their attention; and maybe their in-put will be of help. Others may exist. There is/was one man; a museum owner who holds MUCH Shelby info, including serial numbers and being able to tell you the year, etc. His application process must be completed exact; there is a specified wait time; and specified cost. I'll have to do some searching to see if I can resurrect his sight info. I could not afford his terms.

Back