When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Daily rider frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dosbo56

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hey Guys,
I picked-up an old 600 gruppo a while back and I just "re-dicovered" it in a tub.....Fancy that! I'd like to build something up with it and was thinking Schwinn frame. I think Paramount is out of the $$$ range for me so what about World or LeTour? What's the best year(s) to look for? Anybody got anything that fills the bill in a 56 to 60? I'm not really looking to do a resto so if it's a little rough, I found a guy about 10min from me that does a great job with powder coat.
Thanks,
Dave

I have a 1963 era Raphael Geminiani frame. has simplex on it now. pretty darn rare. $500 I have some import schwinn frames cheap

A Le Tour or later Traveler frame is pretty hard to beat for a daily rider-if you are in the Twin Cities metro area, I have a 80 vintage Traveler frame I'd GIVE you. The components are all bolt on, as opposed to brazed on, making for a neat conversion to fixie, if you are into that kind of thing. The frames are 1020 steel, and have decent quality lugs. I upgraded the wheels, crank, seatpost, and tires on my 1973 vintage Le Tour, and got the bike down to 21lbs, with a kickstand. It is a super responsive and low buck rider.
The bikes are Panasonic built and badged by Schwinn. I've seen more than one in the free section of Craig's List over the years.
I'd say do one.
Ted

I certainly agree, those frames are awesome, i have several here. World sports, LeTours. way under rated, usually burdened with over engineered and heavy schwinn approved stuff.

Thanks for the replies and offers. After posting this and while doing my "research" on ebay last night, I bought a 70s Super LeTour 12.2 frame and fork.
The paint looks a little rough but the decals look pretty good in the pics. I'll have to make a decision to clean it or strip it when I get it. I'm trying to figure out the serial #, it's: R620517 on the bottom bracket. I'll try to post some pics when I get it. Paid $125 + $38 shipping from CA to IL. I'm just having a hard time believing the prices of stuff today. I've been out of the loop for a few years and feel like a sucker now for what I've sold some of my treasures for. Oh well, we're certainly not in it for the money.
Thanks again,
Dave

Back