When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dario Designs Supa-Fly DHO

-
I actually started the company at age 17. I drew this bike up in my highschool drafting class and went on to build & sell them after I graduated.

It was a major flop business wise but I acquired a more than general understanding of engineering, manufacturing, marketing, racing, and selling.

I held onto one of them for nostalgic reasons.

Last edited:
I'm not a mountain bike type of guy but if I had one this would be it! Just out of curiosity what did these sell for new? V/r Shawn

2800 frame and fork (i think). At the time, high end framesets were selling for around 1800 without forks. I used my relationship w Zzyzx/Bullet USA. I could purchase these forks at a very low price and create a package that would help offset my huge cost of producing these cnc'd swingarms.

Here's a look at the DH scene when this bike was new. It looks so antiquated now. I think If I could compete in this race with my current bike I'd have placed.

Back