When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

... Dashboard clock not working ...

-

Rollo

Wore out three sets of tires already!
... My recently acquired Goodyear bike is equipped with the repro speedo clock dashboard ... Speedo works great ... the clock not so much ... It's made in Germany so I'm assuming it's a decent time piece ...
I wound it slightly to see if it would tick and nothing ... Anyone know what might be my problem? ... I pushed and pulled on the winding stem thinking that might be it ... but nothing doing ... The only other visible thing on the back is the + - lever for what I assume is for clock speed ... Any thoughts appreciated ...

Bicycle-Speedometer-Stewart-Warner-clock-SCHWINN.jpg

Those repop ones can be bought on ebay I think. Might be cheaper just to buy a new one.

As a last ditch effort, I would try to introduce some WD40 into the inner workings without getting any on the face.

As a last ditch effort, I would try to introduce some WD40 into the inner workings without getting any on the face.
... I'll give this a try first ... or maybe electrical contact cleaner ...Thanks ...

Back