When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date an Iver Johnson

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pnfkwfl

Finally riding a big boys bike
I am trying to date an Iver Johnson. The serial number is 432938. Any and all help is desired.

Anyone have a catalog for the Truss IJ's?

I know the wheelset, seat, grips and pedals are not proper.

Thanks in advance,

KW Scott

IverJtruss-1.jpg

Last edited:
I thought there was a list of IJ serial numbers that had a date list associated with them. Am I way off base on this?

go to daves vintage bikes (google search) and you can look on the data base this bike is on the data base a few times and I think its called a truss frame

The only list I know of is the one Bill Smith has put together over the years, I don't know exactly how he has compiled it, but he has and he doesn't give it up, but if you email him he'll tell you the year. He told me 453047 is 1927 plus or minus a year. So you are probably a couple years before that. It is a nice bike you have there. I like the lines

Last edited:
The only list I know of is the one Bill Smith has put together over the years, I don't know exactly how he has compiled it, but he has and he doesn't give it up, but if you email him he'll tell you the year. He told me 453047 is 1927 plus or minus a year. So you are probably a couple years before that. It is a nice bike you have there. I like the lines

Thank you Dave... And everyone for the input.

KW Scott

Iver Johnson catalog image

From my 1935 Iver catalog.
1935IverJohnson-1.jpg

Back