When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date info on this western flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Vintagedad

Finally riding a big boys bike
IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4507.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

IMG_4510.JPG

IMG_4511.JPG

IMG_4512.JPG

IMG_4513.JPG

IMG_4514.JPG

IMG_4515.JPG

IMG_4516.JPG

Any ideas about the approximate date on this bike? Anyone know anything about it? I can't locate a serial number, probably due to it's condition. It has a shimano mighty mite rear hub but I'm thinking that could of been added on later bc it looks to be in much better shape than the rest of the bike. The tires are the hard style tires with no tubes.

I'm by no means an expert on sidewalk bikes but it appears to date to the 1960s. Here's a couple links showing photos of this same style bicycle (the sproket wheel design is identical). One link does call it out as a 1960s model. Not sure how many years this exact model was produced.

http://www.nemusclebikes.com/bc35.php

http://www.lortpmalls.top/vintage-w...-convertible-mx-1960s-mini-schwin-p-2951.html

Dave

The second link seems to resemble it some. Just a different color sceme plus the chain guard graphics are a little different. So probably 1960s. It's a cool little bike even though it's so rough. It actually pedals still even in the shape it's in

Yeah, to me it looks like a combination of the two in the links with the higher handlebar design from the first link.

Dave

Yeah, to me it looks like a combination of the two in the links with the higher handlebar design from the first link.

Dave

Yea those handle bars do really look very close, I didn't even notice that until you pointed it out.

Back