When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Date the Schwinn Frame - Better Photos Posted

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

BRad90

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hello,

I noticed this bicycle on the marketplace and they did say it was a Schwinn. I tried to compare it to photos in Google but couldn't pin point the right year. Just need a little expertise, please.

Thanks,
Brandyn

Screenshot_20221015-082102_Facebook.jpg

Get serial number from seller on the bottom of the crank hanger. Looks post-1934.

Get serial number from seller on the bottom of the crank hanger. Looks post-1934.
Best photo he had of that is this one. Hard to see it with my eyes. I decided I am just going to go pick it up today and will get a better photo when I get home with it.
Screenshot_20221015-084440_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like the rear fork ends are a little tweaked. From what I can see of the serial number, it looks like a 1935 and later.

Early 30s, up to 34-35.
That bracket with the “20” on the seat stays was added, not factory.
You need the “mouse ear” bracket to attach your trussrods. I can send you one, if you don’t have one. No charge, PM me.
Pull the crank, and look for the 2 digit date, e.g., AS 33, and post a pic.
Also, what date is on the alum lic plate under the “20” bracket ?
26” or 28” wheels fit ?
Nice find !

Early 30s, up to 34-35.
That bracket with the “20” on the seat stays was added, not factory.
You need the “mouse ear” bracket to attach your trussrods. I can send you one, if you don’t have one. No charge, PM me.
Pull the crank, and look for the 2 digit date, e.g., AS 33, and post a pic.
Also, what date is on the alum lic plate under the “20” bracket ?
26” or 28” wheels fit ?
Nice find !
View attachment 1713106
Thanks for that information. I will pm you about the "mouse ear". I will pull the crank tomorrow and get a photo for the group. The registration tag doesn't have a year. Photo below and it had one 26" tire on the front when I picked it up.

20221015_171027.jpg

Looks like the front fork will need some attention , it appears to be bent backwards a bit. 😗 That's a nice license tag on there . I would keep that with the bike . The "20" plate is odd , but maybe the previous owner wanted to have a positive I.D. or some added strength to the frame there ? I dunno------no matter what ,it's a cool bike anyways . Nice find @BRad90 . 👍

Back