When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dating a Huffy bike (for fun)

-

Raskattack

On Training Wheels
I got this bike at my work a few months ago because I liked it, but when I went to look for a date on it today just out of curiosity, there wasn't one. I'm not really looking to find out for any value reasons I guess, but I'm just curious if it's an old bike that was kept it good condition, or if it's just a newer bike that was made to look like an older model. I've heard mixed things about Huffy as a brand, but like I said, I'm just more curious than anything at this point.

Also, how do you tell if it's a men's or women's bike?

Anyway, here are the specs:

-Huffy Cranbrook
-Serial number: SNHBF10G02492
-Model number: 56360 22110 E
-Tire size: 26 x 2.125

Sorry I don't have more pictures, I've gone down to the garage and back about 50 times already in the past hour.

Anyway, I've read that the first digit in the serial number is the last digit in the year it was made, but I don't know how to figure out the decade. Like I said, it could just be a newer bike modeled to look like an older one, but I don't know nearly enough about bikes to know any of that.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance :)
FB_IMG_1521750589340.jpg
20180322_122216.jpg

A good rule of thumb, if there is a warning sticker on the bike about riding at night, it is not that old. Back in the day, everyone lived on the edge!

A good rule of thumb, if there is a warning sticker on the bike about riding at night, it is not that old. Back in the day, everyone lived on the edge!

Haha that' what I was thinking, honestly lol
It looked like everything about it was new but that it was trying to look old (hence the frame and the tires).

If I found those cheap as they should be I would still take one because they are worth it for parts. Well to me anyways.

Back