When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dating Morrow Hubs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Luckykat32

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've seen a sheet that dates post 1930 Morrow hubs with their letter/number stamp (ex. A4 = the 4th quarter of 1930 AND C3 = the 3rd quarter of 1932)

Are there date codes for pre 1930 Morrow hubs? I'm trying to find some late 20s Morrow hubs if anyone as some...

I've seen a sheet that dates post 1930 Morrow hubs with their letter/number stamp (ex. A4 = the 4th quarter of 1930 AND C3 = the 3rd quarter of 1932)

Are there date codes for pre 1930 Morrow hubs? I'm trying to find some late 20s Morrow hubs if anyone as some...

I am interested in learning this too, are there distinguishing characteristics of earlier hubs (1900-1930)? Anyone with some literature???
Thank you.

Thanks Chris, The morrow chart you have is placed in chronological order with early 20's other stuff, what year is that chart?

When did Morrow change the hub to that style from it's first versions? I thought by reading the patent date stamp a person could at least range the year of production. The post 1930 hubs seem to use the date code and not patent dates, there is also a physical change to the end cap dust cover mid 30's.

This hub is laced to all wood 28" wheels last patent date of 1909. Did more date stamps get added as years went on prior to going to the alpha numeric dating system of the 1930's?

Besides the letter/number date code, does anyone know the difference between the 30s & 20s morrow hubs? (I'm trying to find a 20s skiptooth)

Hi All,

A resurrection thread, I know, but mainly because I've not found the answer to the original question.

Morrows, as we know, are easy to date by the quarter using the letter and number code post 1931.

Are there any ways to date pre 1931 Morrows?

I've just dismantled to service a Morrow (the grease was absolutely solid, but had preserved the internals well) that is 1920 at latest. It has the August 24th 1909 last patent date stamped on the cylinder, and the cogwheel without a slot to aid spoke removal.

Several of the parts are stamped 8, For example the two halves of the clutch..Is this a date stamp, and, if so, 1908 or 1918? For the bike it came from 1918 would be more logical.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back