When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dating spare Silver King wheel sets

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

locomotion

Cruisin' on my 1897 Comet
I have a few Silver King wheels sets and I am wondering if there is a way to put a year on them.
Seems like they are all a bit different.
Wheels all have different rear hubs. (P.S. what is the little things attached to the spokes).
Any help is appreciated so that I can get them back on a correct frame.
20180903_161015.jpg

20180903_161159.jpg

20180903_161530 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Those things on the spokes in the first picture look like these things that we used to have when I was a kid in the 80s called spoke dots or something to that effect they're basically pieces of colored plastic that would slide up and down as you rode. They made a rain drop like noise when you would ride

Sent from my ASUS_P00J using Tapatalk

The early first year SK's had 28 hole triple step rims. Other than that you'd have to find date code stamps on the hubs if you can.

28 holes for 34/5 frames, some late 35s and 36' and up used 36 hole both styles of rims... date the hubs and put on the appropriate year... thing about the different hubs re: ND, musselman and morrow ... the silverkings could be ordered with whatever hubs you wanted!

Back