When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dating Wood Rims

-

alexander55

Finally riding a big boys bike
Is there any way to identify the time frame this particular logo was in use?

Thanks for any thoughts or leads you have.

5A5297FE-8F5C-4899-8331-9E2F42151BE4.jpeg

EFC3817C-FBB9-47A8-AFAF-A70E7605DABA.jpeg

Try these threads:

May help with info as to when Fairbanks Boston were producing rims.
Judging by the cross-sectional profile they are definitely TOC or thereabouts, possibly for racing.

Last edited:
Try these threads:

May help with info as to when Fairbanks Boston were producing rims.
Judging by the cross-sectional profile they are definitely TOC or thereabouts, possibly for racing.
I'm not sure if they were made in the TOC. They were definitely made in the 30s, I do not know how much earlier. I have a pair on my 1930s Drysdale Velox.

Thanks for the leads regarding previous threads. I've looked them over pretty closely and see the same rims pictured, but no dating information is provided. It is interesting that some of the brand stamps say ONAWAY, MICHIGAN and some say ALMA, MICHIGAN. Another clue to the mystery of dating perhaps. Thanks again for the help. The "research" continues.

After reading through all of the previous threads I can find (including the excellent threads referenced earlier), IT APPEARS that the rims in the original post were made some time after January 14, 1926 which is the date of a large fire at the plant in ONAWAY, MICHIGAN. That plant was not rebuilt, and operations were moved to ALMA, MICHIGAN....as stamped on these rims.

Still trying to determine when they stopped making wood rims in Alma.

Back