When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Davega Help From Nashville?

-

pedalpower17

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just purchased this Davega Reggie M lady from a seller in the Nashville area.

Any reason to believe it's not original paint?

Given the guard, and if my understanding of that guard is correct, the bike is a 38, 39 or 40. See image for serial #. Any comments on which year? Is that chain ring a clue?

I'll be looking for a drop stand, fender lace loops for axle, and tank. Not 100% sure this had a tank, but suspect it did, in part, due to the scratches on the frame that tanks often leave

Finally, the seller doesn't ship. If any Cabers will be going through Nashville, headed to Michigan (great place for Summer vacations on the lakes!), northern Ohio or northern Indiana, is willing and able to haul it, send me a PM.

Davega Girl.jpg
Serial.jpg
Davega Girl Rear.jpg

Last edited:
Mid to late 30s, Westfield built. Can be year dated by the letter at the beginning of the serial, which I can't make out from the pic. Reggie was a famous bike racer from Australia in the '20s. I have one made by Westfield also, a boys' motobike that would've had 28" rims, and a few years older than yours.

Mid to late 30s, Westfield built. Can be year dated by the letter at the beginning of the serial, which I can't make out from the pic. Reggie was a famous bike racer from Australia in the '20s. I have one made by Westfield also, a boys' motobike that would've had 28" rims, and a few years older than yours.
Thanks, Tinkerer. This girl confirmed to be a 1940. According to Mrcolumbia, the somewhat unusual chain ring makes it a juvenile model. I also have a 36 boys Reggie M. Yes, the story of Reggie is pretty cool...really tough dude.

Back