When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Davis arch truss and Davis & double bar on ebay

-
Screenshot_20180805-093146_Chrome.jpg

I do think the frame is “davis” but the Dayton military model would have construction differences. The middle bar should have fish mouth joints, the adjusters should be “Dayton type” and the badge should be bottle cap. This frame is the “standard” Davis tall frame double bar. Still very cool, but not Dayton. I wish I could see the bottom bracket number better.

Sorry for me saying Dayton instead of Davis. Saying that the middle # appears like part of a 6 or 7 ....or?? I would say this frame might have been for like jobbers. Sears or Hardware chain ????

One short, easy, less expensive way to get a double bar might be a Worksman M2600 frame (or 3).
View attachment 848380
Not the intent of this post. The Dayton Military model is a very desirable bike. There are a bunch of ways to do cheap and easy but my point was that building a Dayton Military-or most any rare bike from just a frame set is not an economically feasible endeavor. V/r Shawn

Back