When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Dayton Champion / Mainliner Lighted carrier Nice restored Rare ingredient F/S

-
Price
Zipcode

bobcycles

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Restored rear carrier for the Huffman Dayton big tank Bikes was restored at some point Paint Work looks professional there’s one very small drilled hole that for some reason wasn’t repaired should be an easy fix.
Looks to be an original tail light lens and as far as I can tell the internals look to be in excellent shape and all there. One of the nicest designed racks for sure and definitely in the top five spot of rarest.
750.00 plus add the shipping

[email protected]
Or pm here

Last edited:
Rack was from a 40 Firestone with front springer. I got the bike from the original owner but never got an explanation for the hole. Good story goes with the bike. I bought the bike in the late 80's? from a guy who lived who lived 2 blocks from my parents house. I knew him and his kids were my age. He bought it new from the Firestone store with money he saved from his paper route and used it to continue delivering papers. When I got it it was already repainted green by a local bodyman. Tank and guard were missing. This was an early purchase in my bike collecting days and I had no idea of what it actually was. After attending my first Ann Arbor show and showing pics to several people (Bike) I was told it was a 40 Huffman product and needed the lit tank. I figured I'd just keep checking tables until I found one, lol. So about 5 - 10 years go by and no tank but I get a call from the original owner. He tells me he was cleaning his basement and found the tank and guard. I immediately head to his house and and buy the original parts to the bike.

Back