When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dayton Huffman Manufacturing

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Phattread

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Curious to what I have got here, if it has the value of me helping someone clean out or not?

20181117_130741.jpg

20181117_130614.jpg

Hi,

As Rustjunkie rightly points out, it is a WW2 Army bicycle from 1942, the government designation was G519. These were built by Columbia and Huffman, both essentially the same bike specification.

Yours has lost the original front fork, which is a shame since these were dated with the month of manufacture, and seems to have gained an older fork. Also, it has the Columbia chainwheel, so may have been repaired by the army at some point (they weren't bothered about originality).

Thanks for saving this from being scrapped, it's a good start for a restoration.

Best Regards,

Adrian.

PM sent.

For further information, looking at other close frame numbers, it was probably built early 1942, others in the same range have January 1942 dated forks, and the bike would have been made soon after.

It would also have had a fork with welded on supports for the truss rods. For G519 bikes this was unique to roughly the first 6000 Huffmans, after which a separate truss rod support was adopted like the Columbia version.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Thank you guys, we were talking about my curiosity, Now you have my attention. I have received a couple of offers and would like to move in that direction, being new here what is the safe way to handle this? I am quite familiar with e bay and the auction, I am also familiar to 10% off the sale and 10% off the shipping, and I will be the one paying those fees. What do you guys think?

Thank you guys, we were talking about my curiosity, Now you have my attention. I have received a couple of offers and would like to move in that direction, being new here what is the safe way to handle this? I am quite familiar with e bay and the auction, I am also familiar to 10% off the sale and 10% off the shipping, and I will be the one paying those fees. What do you guys think?

If you decide to offer it for sale here set your price and post an ad in the Sell-Trade Forum, here is the link to the rules:

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/sell-trade-rules.32869/

I can pick the bike up in person, you wouldn't have to worry about packing and shipping or fees. I'll pay in cash.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Back