When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dayton Safety Streamline - Seeking expert input.

-
Any updates on this?
Not much more to report. Based upon the responses I have received and others I have spoken to, I think the concensus is that this is a hybrid, in that it has the DD taillight instead of the rear fender recessed taillight, as per the Super Streamline, and the headlight nacelle per the Safety Streamline. Again, it has the battery box, frame wiring holes and no head badge, that indicate that it had the head tube nacelle instead of the front fender light that were on the Super Streamlines. These girls SS are rare to begin with, but with this combination, I'm pretty sure that this is a very unique piece.

I have been able to acquire most of the missings pieces, including a chainguard (thank you John Atkinson), nacelle, grips, tires. Still need handlebars. A few other projects in the works now, but this is in the que and hope to get going on it soon.

Hi All...I recently purchased a girls Dayton Safety Streamline from Joe Buffardi. I'm sure many of you are familiar with it as there were some past threads about it. I know this is rare, but this one really has me stumped, and so I'm seeking expert help in my research. As mentioned in earlier threads about this bike, the blue, red and beige paint scheme is very rare. But what has me especially confused is the rear fender with the Delta Defender tail light, as one would normally see this on the later super streamlines. I fully expected that below the DD would have been an indentation in the fender for the recessed Delta tail light that you would typically see on these bikes. Nope, and there are no wire stays on the underside of the fender, and below the DD as pictured is original, clean paint finish. Lower on the fender, there is a mounting bracket, that I think may have been for a tombstone reflector? The bike does have a battery box, and there are indications that there was a front horn - light housing mounted on the head tube. I have never seen a safety streamline that has this odd combination. Any thoughts on this from any of the Dayton experts out there?
Also, trying to determine what may have been original to these bikes....from my research, I have some thoughts, but nothing definitive.

Seat- have seen literature that speaks of Mesinger Airflow? Seat that I received with the bike is a Mesinger
B-80 with tornado style springs.
Pedals- Torrington 9's?
Handlebars?
Tires? Make, blackwalls or whitewalls?

Thanks in advance for any input. I'm extremely excited and honored to own this bike.
John Haeberle

View attachment 477261

View attachment 477262

View attachment 477263
I have s 37 rack

Back