When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dayton

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I noticed those cups too and don't ever recall seeing a Huffman product with them
I've been told they show up in 1939 and 1940 on high end bikes badged Dayton and National. I own a 1940 badge Dayton with them. John can commit more but they are machined rather than stamped.

Here is a 1940 frame (with welded kickstand), fork dated 1-40 with the same cups.

1940dayton.jpg

And another (possibly owned by John).

IMG_1352 copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Great bike!

Btw it looks like it is running a 1/2" pitch Monark chainring and a piecrust drilled one at that. It was used on Monark built aluminum and steel bicycles. My best guess is it was done to facilitate a rear wheel replacement which had a 1/2" pitch cog. Note chrome mismatch front to rear. Front may be og. Are the rim profiles an exact match? Noting it has a dogleg crank. It would be instructive to pull the crank for inspection to see if it is a Monark or Huffman unit.

Great bike!

Btw it looks like it is running a 1/2" pitch Monark chainring and a piecrust drilled one at that. It was used on Monark built aluminum and steel bicycles. My best guess is it was done to facilitate a rear wheel replacement which had a 1/2" pitch cog. Note chrome mismatch front to rear. Front may be og. Are the rim profiles an exact match? Noting it has a dogleg crank. It would be instructive to pull the crank for inspection to see if it is a Monark or Huffman unit.
rims match and the chainring is shown in the catalog for 39 on the deluxe bikes

Back