When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dealing with buyers/non buyers/sellers remorse.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I had personal issues with some earlier hobbies that turned into a buy and sell situation and I was so financially deep into it I couldn't just stop. I went to a professional shrink and he suggested a new collecting hobby. Worked wonders!

Beer+Fridge.jpg

I think some collectors sell too quickly.They do all the leg work then flip something for a few bucks profit.Dont be so quick on hitting the "sell" button.That quickness often leads to regret.Years ago I would sell something because I could double my money and end up regretting it down the line. I have regretted finding something at a show and walking around to see if I could find the same thing cheaper then returning to find the item sold. Buy if you like it NOW. I also dont fight to be the first person at a show.If something is meant to be it will be.This is a fun hobby not a matter of life nd death.Enjoy and move forward.

WTF am I doing with my life?

I saw the pictures you posted of one of the bikes you made. You're a goddam artist, bringing creations of power and beauty into the world. So you get all the sh*t that goes along with that: the crushing self-doubt, the blanketing fog of ennui and apathy, the open-mouthed searching for meaning and purpose, all in the midst of comprehensive procrastination and task avoidance.

Consider yourself lucky.

Stuff and bikes come and go, I've overpaid and thought WTH was I thinking but on the other hand have scored great deals. My only regret with regards to a bike was letting go an 1910 Iver Johnson Special Racer that was just in fantastic original condition, the lettering, paint and pins were to die for, rims and even the tires were there... At the time my focus was post war balloon tire bikes so who cared right? Today I think about it often and could see it hanging on a wall in my great room. I just wish I still had that one in my collection! BTW that bike and a girls TOC were purchased in S Florida for $200.

Last edited:
I saw the pictures you posted of one of the bikes you made. You're a goddam artist, bringing creations of power and beauty into the world. So you get all the sh*t that goes along with that: the crushing self-doubt, the blanketing fog of ennui and apathy, the open-mouthed searching for meaning and purpose, all in the midst of comprehensive procrastination and task avoidance.

Consider yourself lucky.
Thanks, i got the last two traits mastered anyway.

Interesting question Chris. The way I look at it, it doesn't matter really. Most people don't have the time in their busy "Vortex" lives to even think about stuff like this. We're all too busy, and alot wish they had a passion for something, anything, but we have no time to pursue it! Old pre/post war ballooners get to me, and now I have to work on them a lot to ride them. I look forward every day to it. All positive stuff. Most of my married buddies are still trying to figure out what to do with their boring lives at 60! No time, no money, and nothing in the future to look forward to in their latter years. No passion, and you got the passion for sure, so stick with bikes.

So I have a really good story for you. The day after I met you/Mark & others riding in Cali last December, a 1933 Colson appeared on my doorstep at 7am the next morning 30 seconds before I left my house for a ride. These two latino tough dudes pulled up to my curb in a really nice restored 50's Chev and said they had a bike like mine they wanted to sell. One of my ratted tankers was outside the house with me. I tried to go on my ride, but they insisted I come and look at it. They wanted $800, which is alot for any old bike really. I finally gave in and followed them two blocks over, and in his garage was this almost complete 1933 26" Colson Moto-bike. Almost fell over when I saw it.... Synchronicity totally. I believe that pedaling with you the day before made it appear the next morning...just sayin. This stuff never happens as I am not really looking to get more bikes to ride or work on. Got this one though......pjm

Last edited:
This has morphed into a really good topic. It's different for everyone, but I most feel a sense of purpose, when I'm creating something, making something better, or just being with my cats and giving them the best life possible. That's what I'm doing with my life, and I'm pretty satisfied. Now quit whining and go out and cut your grass.

Last edited:
I have friends that give me old barn wood ,tin roof material and I store a little of each.I like making weird things and giving them to people.I have one friend who live around the corner and does off the wall painting on barn wood and sells to restaurants,art fairs etc. in chicago and drops me off paintings occasionally..I like people that think out of the box and are considered strange to many.This has nothing to do with this thread,does it ?

Back