eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
Very Steep head angle, typically on sprint bikes. How does it ride and handle? I bet it tracks really straight

Reactions: Billy

juvela

I live for the CABE
Aug 2, 2014
Playa del Rey, United States
-----

Thanks for posting.

Have been to the shop on many occasions - very nice establishment.

Used to put up my "for sale" notices on their bulletin board.

-----

Billy

On Training Wheels
Aug 11, 2018
Danville VA
I now have this bicycle. The dropouts and headset are campy, as are the brakes, hubs, pedals. seat post, and front derailleur. Shifters are suntour, rear derailleur shimano 600, and crankset is sugino super mighty. No idea what the frame steel is, though with the geometry and campy dropouts i would suspect either 531 or columbus SL. will probably have frame powder coated..yellow or white or red.

juvela

I live for the CABE
Aug 2, 2014
Playa del Rey, United States
-----

Was seller able to supply a story as to how it traveled from Los Altos, California to NC?

The shop has a strong following among riders. Numerous group rides begin and end there. There is a coffee place nearby for riders to hang out and talk cycling.

Area has had a vigourous cycling community for many decades. Close to other two wheel sanctuaries such as Cupertino Bike Shop, Wheelsmith & Palo Alto Bicycle.

Looking forward to the next update! ;)

-----

Reactions: dnc1

bulldog1935

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jan 21, 2013
Bulverde, TX
riders warming up , drafting then the race starts, 1000m.
The bikes are made to lean forward to be very aerodynamic, and high trail to track straight with more weight on the front wheel.
The French built most of their road bikes with very similar steep head angle, but then they usually put on a low trail (greater offset) fork.
The thing that stands about your frame is how steep the head angle is compared to the seat tube angle.

Reactions: bikemonkey

Billy

On Training Wheels
Aug 11, 2018
Danville VA
riders warming up , drafting then the race starts, 1000m.
The bikes are made to lean forward to be very aerodynamic, and high trail to track straight with more weight on the front wheel.
The French built most of their road bikes with very similar steep head angle, but then they usually put on a low trail (greater offset) fork.
The thing that stands about your frame is how steep the head angle is compared to the seat tube angle.
Oh. OK. I see that now.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Billy

On Training Wheels
Aug 11, 2018
Danville VA

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
Jun 25, 2016
North Carolina , Albemarle, NC, United States
I now own the bike. I am interested in how someone would recognize it as a Dean Hovey bike. As you can see the paint is in bad shape and I wanted to powder coat it white. Was the current yellow the color of all Hovey bikes? I do not want to do anything that would "erase" anything that identifies this as a Dean Hovey bike.

Thanks,

billy
Have you tried reaching out to The Bicycle Outfitter shop that is mentioned in the article I linked? I would think that would be an excellent place to start for authentication.

Andrew Gorman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Jun 15, 2008
Pasadena (Hastings Ranch), United States
There is still a velodrome in San Jose, and even after WWII there were several others in the Bay Area. DeSimone's was another serious bike shop in San Jose.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!