When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dean Hovey handbuilt - Los Altos, CA

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
This one popped up on our local CL in NC.

Interesting back story on the builder and bicycle shop(s).

00i0i_6ET6JshGz3f_1200x900.jpg

I now have this bicycle. The dropouts and headset are campy, as are the brakes, hubs, pedals. seat post, and front derailleur. Shifters are suntour, rear derailleur shimano 600, and crankset is sugino super mighty. No idea what the frame steel is, though with the geometry and campy dropouts i would suspect either 531 or columbus SL. will probably have frame powder coated..yellow or white or red.

-----

Was seller able to supply a story as to how it traveled from Los Altos, California to NC?

The shop has a strong following among riders. Numerous group rides begin and end there. There is a coffee place nearby for riders to hang out and talk cycling.

Area has had a vigourous cycling community for many decades. Close to other two wheel sanctuaries such as Cupertino Bike Shop, Wheelsmith & Palo Alto Bicycle.

Looking forward to the next update! ;)

-----

riders warming up , drafting then the race starts, 1000m.
The bikes are made to lean forward to be very aerodynamic, and high trail to track straight with more weight on the front wheel.
The French built most of their road bikes with very similar steep head angle, but then they usually put on a low trail (greater offset) fork.
The thing that stands about your frame is how steep the head angle is compared to the seat tube angle.

riders warming up , drafting then the race starts, 1000m.
The bikes are made to lean forward to be very aerodynamic, and high trail to track straight with more weight on the front wheel.
The French built most of their road bikes with very similar steep head angle, but then they usually put on a low trail (greater offset) fork.
The thing that stands about your frame is how steep the head angle is compared to the seat tube angle.
Oh. OK. I see that now.

Back