When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dear 1937 True Hawthorne Zep Owners

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Did only Zep's have locking forks?

View attachment 1638347
View attachment 1638348
View attachment 1638349
Evidently not but that's the only non-Zep I've seen so far with a locking fork. That said it may have been on the Rollfast secret menu! V/r Shawn

Tinker has a Zep hanging from a bike!

What is the serial number?
I believe that 1937 Snyder serial prefix letters are 1937-F (new West factory) and 1937-Y (old East factory).
I recall seeing on this site, a bike with a collet style seat post clamp (postulated to be one year only), and an apparent 1937 serial number prefix; (or maybe it was just hard to read?).
Not 100% sure, but it looks like “112” on the BB, that’s it! Any other number locations I should look for?
Bart

You guys have inspired me with this thread. Always loved these old Snyder sweptback frames. I've had this one a long time and haven't done anything with it, except stick a springer on it. It's no Zep, but it's still pretty cool looking. It sports a heavy coat of brushed on black paint. I've decided to remove a spot and see if the original paint is worth salvaging. If not, I'll repaint it, or maybe leave as is. I got this one when I bought my truck, which was 11 years ago, in Chicago. I paid $100 for it. At the time I thought it was a lot of money for this bike, but it was one of those weak moments I have from time to time. I added the springer and guard for another $70 off a beat to death Westernflyer. It's Hawthorne badged and the frame is solid with no cracks. I have a couple Colsons hanging next to it. These are the last of my junker balloon bikes.

So, I got this same frame from @mrg but without components. The below photo depicts the 1937 Snyder Frame, correct Paisley Chain Guard and Hawthorne Chain Ring. The 37 frame & rear fender brackets are void of dropstand stops so it points to a ZEP....Agreed??? I see a hole in the lower rear fender but suspect that's for a reflector and not a drop stand.

This is the reason why there is only one hole on the fender, because early Zeps had a drop stand with a side clip. No other bikes had this kind of clip, and very few are around. This came off of a true Zep
20220618_223344.jpg

20220618_223332.jpg

20220618_223316.jpg

20220618_223322.jpg

20220618_223307.jpg

20220618_223251.jpg

As I remember when I pulled my fork off a few yrs ago to see how it locked it looked og black inside ( and no other color ) and in the catalog I don't see any other models with this frame listed in black?
1655617524864.png

So, does anyone have a photo of the OG ZEP Kick stand, handlebars and Tail light???
Thx,
Bart

Back