When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decals and paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dbike

Finally riding a big boys bike
Regarding the 1969 Schwinn Sting-Ray bikes (especially the Fair Lady), I forgot which are the decals and which are paint for the emblems/identification. For example, on the top bar of the frame, the side of the forks, the chain guard, etc. I does look like a decal on the top bar. Is it a decal on the chain guard? Here is a photo of my '69 Fair Lady which I am referring to.
20220331_165541.jpg

Regarding the 1969 Schwinn Sting-Ray bikes (especially the Fair Lady), I forgot which are the decals and which are paint for the emblems/identification. For example, on the top bar of the frame, the side of the forks, the chain guard, etc. I does look like a decal on the top bar. Is it a decal on the chain guard? Here is a photo of my '69 Fair Lady which I am referring to. View attachment 1650733
I believe the top bar and seat post and fork darts are all water slide decals. The guard is screened for sure maybe the darts as well not sure about those.

Schwinn quit using decals on the chain guards after the 1958 models. Fork markings were never decals, either hand painted or screened. All other markings were decals.

I am not exactly sure of the right description of screening. It was the original process on those parts. It can be very easily wiped off with a cleaner so you have to be careful around it. Like @GTs58 described it can be painted also. My Opal '64 in my avatar has painted fork darts and chain guard lettering.

Back