When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decent Huffman Firestone Supreme Frame and Fork

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Not mine: hard to puzzle out any issues, looks like a 1937, damage on the one truss support arm end. $950.

As strange as it seems, to have a CWC sprocket on a Huffman built frame, that sprocket may actually be originally equipped.
Check out this period photograph of a 37/38 Fleetwood Supreme.
Look closely, and you’ll see that it has chrome CWC fenders with the Firestone exclusive initial tray.
When I saw this listing, and went back to take a closer look at this photo, to see if the sprocket was a CWC, But it has the typical Huffman/Firestone type.

So, who knows?
But, after seeing this picture, I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss a mix of Huffman/Colson and or CWC parts on any of these 37/38 Firestone, Fleetwood Supremes.

Last edited:
As strange as it seems, to have a CWC sprocket on a Huffman built frame, that sprocket may actually be originally equipped.
Look closely, and you’ll see that it has chrome CWC fenders with the Firestone exclusive initial tray.
When I saw this listing, and went back to take a closer look at this photo, to see if the sprocket was a CWC, But it has the typical Huffman/Firestone type.View attachment 1102447
So, who knows?
But, after seeing this picture, I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss a mix of Huffman/Colson and or CWC parts on any of these 37/37 Firestone, Fleetwood Supremes.
Kinda like Montgomery Wards did with CWC/Snyder on many of their Hawthornes. Hmm....

When I saw this listing, and went back to take a closer look at this photo, to see if the sprocket was a CWC, But it has the typical Huffman/Firestone type.View attachment 1102447
So, who knows?
But, after seeing this picture, I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss a mix of Huffman/Colson and or CWC parts on any of these 37/38 Firestone, Fleetwood Supremes.
Not so sure those are CWC fenders. Here is my Fleetwood Supreme with stainless fenders. I believe @John has a black one with either stainless or aluminum fenders. V/r Shawn

I agree with Shawn, I've seen other Fleetwoods with those same stainless steel fenders, with the Firestone initials feature built-in. Also, looking at the vintage photo, I see the usual Huffman chainring. Course, since CWC did make some bikes for Firestone that same year, who's to say there wasn't some crossover happening with parts, kinda like we've seen on some Hawthorne bikes built by Snyder, but equipped with CWC forks.

Not so sure those are CWC fenders. Here is my Fleetwood Supreme with stainless fenders. I believe @John has a black one with either stainless or aluminum fenders. V/r Shawn
I agree with Shawn, I've seen other Fleetwoods with those same stainless steel fenders, with the Firestone initials feature built-in. Also, looking at the vintage photo, I see the usual Huffman chainring. Course, since CWC did make some bikes for Firestone that same year, who's to say there wasn't some crossover happening with parts, kinda like we've seen on some Hawthorne bikes built by Snyder, but equipped with CWC forks.

The CWC fenders have a short nose, and the tell, is the relationship to where the headlight, fender brace and initial tray all stack up on top of each other.
The Huffman and Colson fenders all have a distinct relationship in this area that makes it possible to tell them apart from one another.
To be fair, they were all made by McCauley Products, which always made me wonder, why there were at least five different fender configurations for these 37/38 Firestone Fleetwood Supremes?
It’s hard to tell from that old photograph, but the short nose on the front fender and the way the headlight sits over the fender brace rivets and the initial tray, tells me, that those fenders are the McCauley stamped, CWC type for the Fleetwood series Firestone bicycles.

Back