When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decided to Restore.

-
I'm making some progress. I have been fitting some parts to the frame and realized that the 26" fork won't work so I have a 28" fork ordered. I have all the other parts including the 28" wheel sets. I took the frame to a bicycle builder I have worked with on past projects to weld in the new rear down tubes. The frame should be done this week. There is a ton of work to do including custom paint. I also have to breakdown the wheels and build them back up with ND Hubs. I really enjoyed restoration and I'm hoping it turns out nice. I have a few surprises up my sleeve. I will post more pics the next update. Thanks, JimRoy. Ps: The wheel in the picture isn't "The One" Morpheus
IMG_20180112_095805_hdr.jpg

IMG_20180112_095825_hdr.jpg

I finally got the frame off the jig this weekend by welding in the new rear down tubes. I'm also making progress on the front end. I built the 28" wheels and I woodgrained the rims for a nice touch. For fun I created a water transfer decal for the rims. So much fun:). I'm not sure what color to power coat the frame. For now I went a a gold front fork. I like it so far. JimRoy

IMG_9017.JPG

IMG_9015.JPG

IMG_9016.JPG

IMG_9011.JPG

IMG_9012.JPG

That thing is looking great! How did you do the wood grain on the wheels? I have a 1901 Crescent that has some new aluminum wheels that I'd like to do that to. And as far as color, i would either paint it all gold, or maybe a dark green or black.

I agree she’s looking real good and I hope that you continue to post photos! As far as the rims, I would also love to know your technique(s) for achieving such a realistic look.

Thanks all. I will post more pics and describe the woodgraining process I use. JimRoy

That thing is looking great! How did you do the wood grain on the wheels? I have a 1901 Crescent that has some new aluminum wheels that I'd like to do that to. And as far as color, i would either paint it all gold, or maybe a dark green or black.
Dark green it is. Thanks.

Please help Cabers, I'm waiting for the frame to be powdered coated. So in the mean time I'm pondering how I should complete this bike. As I said in an earlier post, I have the original seat pictured below beautifully restored. I'm going after the road race look, but I'm really big on keeping the original parts together. The fork, gooseneck and dogleg were junk, but I saved the seat, lucky 7 seat post, bearing hardware and chain ring. Please share your thoughts. Thanks, JimRoy

FullSizeRender-12.jpg

Last edited:
Back