When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decided to Restore.

-
Looks beautiful, as for how to finish it. I personally like using as many of the original parts as possible even if the parts in question are a little ratty.

I like this! Not usually a big fan of early roadsters turned road burners, but this one really works. Repaired camelback frame , forks , etc, in this simple stripped down form looks good ! Look at the early British, and other 20s-30s path racers, lightweights , and scorchers for more inspiration. Maybe some Latteurwasser(spelling?) , or other early drop bars? Keep the Brooks saddle. Nickle plating on the chainwheel assembly, and other bits. Yes, a dark solid color, ( I don't like green personally, but that's just me). Dark blue , maroon mayby, with fine gold box striping. Mayby creme tires, or, just blacking out the lettering on the tires you have on there now ( kinda like those!). Keep the red cloth wrapping on whatever bars you use. Later, you could add EARLY sturmey 3 speed set-up, and early front (only) caliper brake. Kinda opinionated, I guess, sorry! Well ya asked, and , believe me I wouldn't of even responded if I didn't think this bike was worth it, and it most certainly is! Keep up the good work whichever way you go , Well done, Bike looks great! All the best,,,,Walter

I like this! Not usually a big fan of early roadsters turned road burners, but this one really works. Repaired camelback frame , forks , etc, in this simple stripped down form looks good ! Look at the early British, and other 20s-30s path racers, lightweights , and scorchers for more inspiration. Maybe some Latteurwasser(spelling?) , or other early drop bars? Keep the Brooks saddle. Nickle plating on the chainwheel assembly, and other bits. Yes, a dark solid color, ( I don't like green personally, but that's just me). Dark blue , maroon mayby, with fine gold box striping. Mayby creme tires, or, just blacking out the lettering on the tires you have on there now ( kinda like those!). Keep the red cloth wrapping on whatever bars you use. Later, you could add EARLY sturmey 3 speed set-up, and early front (only) caliper brake. Kinda opinionated, I guess, sorry! Well ya asked, and , believe me I wouldn't of even responded if I didn't think this bike was worth it, and it most certainly is! Keep up the good work whichever way you go , Well done, Bike looks great! All the best,,,,Walter
Thanks Walter for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will use your box striping suggestion and other ideas. JimRoy. Ps: iI started restoring the below 38 today. It's almost too far gone, but that increases my motivation.

IMG_9028.JPG

Thanks Walter for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will use your box striping suggestion and other ideas. JimRoy. Ps: iI started restoring the below 38 today. It's almost too far gone, but that increases my motivation.

View attachment 754591

I dig that bike, there's still tons of potential with that bike. I'd just rock the fact that it's a rust bucket ratrod all the way:D.

Hi Cabers, I've started two new project so I put the Rollfast Camekback on hold for a few weeks. Please stay tuned. JimRoy

The 38 Murray Derby restoration is almost complete. This is how it looked when I received it In February. Rust was literally falling off of it. It should be done on Memorial Day. Once I get it completed, it’s back to the 27 Rollfast. I can’t wait... This restoration has been rough. I will post pictures on Monday. JimRoy

7D6269B1-547F-4252-8C30-B9AD26DCA92E.jpeg
779B3B18-2DBA-4131-B671-628197ED5F2E.jpeg
2C25ABFA-AFA8-4DEC-9C40-347E5EDA7964.jpeg
32CF78B3-C946-4A62-BAE7-3167A2D7538C.jpeg
CFB138CF-C12E-4F53-BA34-004EEBC30902.jpeg
0D1AC7E4-5AB6-4CE4-B874-AF48E4F1EECC.jpeg

Great job !!! Love seeing a restoration project come together. Or in your case, I guess that would be projectS; plural.

Back