When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Decided to Restore.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks beautiful, as for how to finish it. I personally like using as many of the original parts as possible even if the parts in question are a little ratty.

I like this! Not usually a big fan of early roadsters turned road burners, but this one really works. Repaired camelback frame , forks , etc, in this simple stripped down form looks good ! Look at the early British, and other 20s-30s path racers, lightweights , and scorchers for more inspiration. Maybe some Latteurwasser(spelling?) , or other early drop bars? Keep the Brooks saddle. Nickle plating on the chainwheel assembly, and other bits. Yes, a dark solid color, ( I don't like green personally, but that's just me). Dark blue , maroon mayby, with fine gold box striping. Mayby creme tires, or, just blacking out the lettering on the tires you have on there now ( kinda like those!). Keep the red cloth wrapping on whatever bars you use. Later, you could add EARLY sturmey 3 speed set-up, and early front (only) caliper brake. Kinda opinionated, I guess, sorry! Well ya asked, and , believe me I wouldn't of even responded if I didn't think this bike was worth it, and it most certainly is! Keep up the good work whichever way you go , Well done, Bike looks great! All the best,,,,Walter

I like this! Not usually a big fan of early roadsters turned road burners, but this one really works. Repaired camelback frame , forks , etc, in this simple stripped down form looks good ! Look at the early British, and other 20s-30s path racers, lightweights , and scorchers for more inspiration. Maybe some Latteurwasser(spelling?) , or other early drop bars? Keep the Brooks saddle. Nickle plating on the chainwheel assembly, and other bits. Yes, a dark solid color, ( I don't like green personally, but that's just me). Dark blue , maroon mayby, with fine gold box striping. Mayby creme tires, or, just blacking out the lettering on the tires you have on there now ( kinda like those!). Keep the red cloth wrapping on whatever bars you use. Later, you could add EARLY sturmey 3 speed set-up, and early front (only) caliper brake. Kinda opinionated, I guess, sorry! Well ya asked, and , believe me I wouldn't of even responded if I didn't think this bike was worth it, and it most certainly is! Keep up the good work whichever way you go , Well done, Bike looks great! All the best,,,,Walter
Thanks Walter for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will use your box striping suggestion and other ideas. JimRoy. Ps: iI started restoring the below 38 today. It's almost too far gone, but that increases my motivation.

IMG_9028.JPG

Thanks Walter for the feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I will use your box striping suggestion and other ideas. JimRoy. Ps: iI started restoring the below 38 today. It's almost too far gone, but that increases my motivation.

View attachment 754591

I dig that bike, there's still tons of potential with that bike. I'd just rock the fact that it's a rust bucket ratrod all the way:D.

Hi Cabers, I've started two new project so I put the Rollfast Camekback on hold for a few weeks. Please stay tuned. JimRoy

The 38 Murray Derby restoration is almost complete. This is how it looked when I received it In February. Rust was literally falling off of it. It should be done on Memorial Day. Once I get it completed, it’s back to the 27 Rollfast. I can’t wait... This restoration has been rough. I will post pictures on Monday. JimRoy

7D6269B1-547F-4252-8C30-B9AD26DCA92E.jpeg
779B3B18-2DBA-4131-B671-628197ED5F2E.jpeg
2C25ABFA-AFA8-4DEC-9C40-347E5EDA7964.jpeg
32CF78B3-C946-4A62-BAE7-3167A2D7538C.jpeg
CFB138CF-C12E-4F53-BA34-004EEBC30902.jpeg
0D1AC7E4-5AB6-4CE4-B874-AF48E4F1EECC.jpeg

Great job !!! Love seeing a restoration project come together. Or in your case, I guess that would be projectS; plural.

Back