eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

frankenbike

Look Ma, No Hands!
Jun 18, 2019
verona, va.
I know you guys that are into custom bikes can probably answer this: what are the deepest fenders commonly available? In other words, I want to cover as much of the tire sides as possible. I am gathering parts for a custom build and it's not a problem if I have to cut (notch) and weld them for fork/frame clearance. Thanks, Gary.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Superman1984

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
NOTE: There are two different depth Monark fenders!
Can you explain ? (newbie) to vintage bikes but I have fallen in love with Monarks, their deep fenders like the ones shown, their lights and reflectors too. I imagine the newer the bike the less "deep" & wrapped around they were ?

Reactions: Pauliemon

bricycle

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Nov 18, 2009
Chicago area west
Can you explain ? (newbie) to vintage bikes but I have fallen in love with Monarks, their deep fenders like the ones shown, their lights and reflectors too. I imagine the newer the bike the less "deep" & wrapped around they were ?
Not sure if age has anything to do with it, mat be model and price. All I know two I had were same color, same springer...one may not have been a Super Deluxe.

Reactions: Superman1984

Superman1984

Look Ma, No Hands!
Oct 28, 2019
Pageland South Carolina
Not sure if age has anything to do with it, mat be model and price. All I know two I had were same color, same springer...one may not have been a Super Deluxe.
I don't know if the 1 Monark Rocket I have would have been original but it didn't have the tank, no deep fenders, had painted truss rods, non springer fork that matched the rest of the bike. I believe it's a '51 based on the info I read here. Fenders was swiss cheese ....otherwise I would have tried to keep it Original but I want a Super Deluxe so I will eventually use it as a Rocket clone fully resto'custom. Unfortunately the parts will cost more than the $75 bike did. Lol

Reactions: bricycle

Pauliemon

Finally riding a big boys bike
Dec 22, 2009
Sacramento, California
NOTE: There are two different depth Monark fenders!
They are really cool bikes. I believe double deeps came along in (around) 1950-51.

1951 Super Deluxe

1948 Super Deluxe. This is the before pic of the bike I built.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!