When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deep Fenders

-
Yep I like the Deep fenders on the Shelby and monarks

15756829090352908764917416025443.jpg

NOTE: There are two different depth Monark fenders!
Can you explain ? (newbie) to vintage bikes but I have fallen in love with Monarks, their deep fenders like the ones shown, their lights and reflectors too. I imagine the newer the bike the less "deep" & wrapped around they were ?

Can you explain ? (newbie) to vintage bikes but I have fallen in love with Monarks, their deep fenders like the ones shown, their lights and reflectors too. I imagine the newer the bike the less "deep" & wrapped around they were ?
Not sure if age has anything to do with it, mat be model and price. All I know two I had were same color, same springer...one may not have been a Super Deluxe.

Not sure if age has anything to do with it, mat be model and price. All I know two I had were same color, same springer...one may not have been a Super Deluxe.
I don't know if the 1 Monark Rocket I have would have been original but it didn't have the tank, no deep fenders, had painted truss rods, non springer fork that matched the rest of the bike. I believe it's a '51 based on the info I read here. Fenders was swiss cheese ....otherwise I would have tried to keep it Original but I want a Super Deluxe so I will eventually use it as a Rocket clone fully resto'custom. Unfortunately the parts will cost more than the $75 bike did. Lol

NOTE: There are two different depth Monark fenders!
They are really cool bikes. I believe double deeps came along in (around) 1950-51.

1951 Super Deluxe

1948 Super Deluxe. This is the before pic of the bike I built.

Back