When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Delta Ball Headlight "hack"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

PLERR

Finally riding a big boys bike
Back in February I picked up a Delta ball light for my ladies '53 Trojan Super. What I didn't consider at the time was the spacing between the mounting tabs. As it turned out they were spaced 1/2" wider than the the mount on the CWC spring fork.

I decided to keep it and do a workaround. I just picked up the hardware I needed today and thought I'd share the results.

I'd like to know what a headlight with this spacing was made for and if it's known how many different styles of mounting tabs this light would have had. It's a pretty basic light, so I thought it would be helpful to everyone to put some info together for this light specifically.

I used all chrome Hillman hardware purchased from a local DoItBest hardware store. An 1.25" 5/16-18 bolt and nut with two 5/16 x 1/4 spacers. Perfect fit! I wanted to use 5/16-24 to match the existing hardware on the bike but there's not much out there aside from basic-basic zinc. Total cost was $8.82 plus tax.

E=-)

Back