When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Delta fender torpedo light re-wire

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tyberius

Look Ma, No Hands!
Did a quick re-wire on this old delta fender light. After seeing an original wiring diagram with the 2 D-cells, I can't believe these things ever worked. The toggle switch is supposed to push a contact into the back of the battery? Anyway, safe to say after 50 years and a leaky battery or two, mine did not work. I cannibalized a cheapy flashlight for the LEDs, soldered on new wire leads, drilled a small hole in the side for a small toggle switch (with more time I might have found a switch that could go where the old toggle is) and wired it up to a 9V harness I robbed out of an old clock radio. Anyway, pretty pleased with the results and since I want to live when I ride my bike, I like it's a lot brighter than the old one. Cost was about 4 bucks for the switch and the cost of a 9V battery.

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

IMG_4278.JPG

IMG_4279.JPG

Diagram.jpg

Back