Sold Delta front loader

This ad disappears when logged in

TieDye

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Aug 24, 2015
Henderson, MI, United States
Hey, what's the measurement on the mounting holes, center to center? Thanks.

TieDye

Aug 24, 2015
Every front & top loader I've seen measure exactly the same.
@fordmike65 you are wrong. Ones found on prewar front loaders, like Elgins have a 1 1/4" center of hole to center of hole measurement. Top loaders postwar are 1 3/8". I have measured all of the ones I own, and that is the consistent difference. Front loaders ARE different. I asked the question, so the answer would be known. Some people don't even know the difference between front and top loaders. To tell them the spacing may help them to know what they need.

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
@fordmike65 you are wrong. Ones found on prewar front loaders, like Elgins have a 1 1/4" center of hole to center of hole measurement. Top loaders postwar are 1 3/8". I have measured all of the ones I own, and that is the consistent difference. Front loaders ARE different. I asked the question, so the answer would be known. Some people don't even know the difference between front and top loaders. To tell them the spacing may help them to know what they need.
Start a thread with some pics so that we may all learn.:)

I'm not sure what the point is of asking the mount hole spacing if all frontloaders are the same.

fordmike65

Riding a '37 Colson Imperial
Mar 4, 2012
East Los
I actually meant to say every frontloader, be it EA or Delta that I've come across have the same spacing. I don't do much postwar, so I don't know much about top-loaders. My mistake.

TieDye

Aug 24, 2015
Start a thread with some pics so that we may all learn.:)

I'm not sure what the point is of asking the mount hole spacing if all frontloaders are the same.
I have found a few that were not. Why don't you remove all your own and measure. I already did mine.

TieDye

Aug 24, 2015
All I did was ask the seller the center to center mounting hole measurement. I have had 2 difference sizes, measured on the LIGHT not the fender. That's why I asked, to be sure, not to be criticized or made fun of.

Nashman

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Oct 2, 2016
Winnipeg, Canada
What is it in Millimeters? Ha!! How 'bout how many grams, or stones, does it weigh? Measured from center or edge of receiving threaded hole? Most hardcore or older Cabers know the diff between top and front load. GLWTS......we have to keep things funny..... or what's the point?

TieDye

Aug 24, 2015
What is it in Millimeters? Ha!! How 'bout how many grams, or stones, does it weigh? Measured from center or edge of receiving threaded hole? Most hardcore or older Cabers know the diff between top and front load. GLWTS......we have to keep things funny..... or what's the point?
Funny thing is that all of the old CABERS don't know everything like some think they do. Just recently an "I live for the Cabe" ranked CABER was selling a 1951 bike as "prewar" until I gave him help and information to properly date it. He sincerely thanked me for my help and adjusted the post. Sometimes questions need to be asked for clarification, or sometimes just for educating and sharing the knowledge we have. It's pretty sad when a simple question as to hole spacing on a light has people acting demeaning.
And, I had a front loader that the holes were 1 3/8" apart, center to center of holes on the light. I sold the bike so I can't yank the light off to show you. It should have been 1 1/4" -- odd isn't it? That's why I asked the question.... But, never mind.....

ballooney

Dec 5, 2010
Santa Rosa, United States
Funny thing is that all of the old CABERS don't know everything like some think they do. Just recently an "I live for the Cabe" ranked CABER was selling a 1951 bike as "prewar" until I gave him help and information to properly date it. He sincerely thanked me for my help and adjusted the post. Sometimes questions need to be asked for clarification, or sometimes just for educating and sharing the knowledge we have. It's pretty sad when a simple question as to hole spacing on a light has people acting demeaning.
And, I had a front loader that the holes were 1 3/8" apart, center to center of holes on the light. I sold the bike so I can't yank the light off to show you. It should have been 1 1/4" -- odd isn't it? That's why I asked the question.... But, never mind.....
Thanks for the question. I hope this experience doesn't keep you from asking more in the future.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture