When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Delta Gangway coil Ohm reading?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
What should the Ohm reading be for a Delta Gangway horn. I bought this horn but It doesn't work. I'm busy trying to repair it. I think it's okay but I'm wandering if 1.0 to .9 ohms is good. It isn't grounded and has pretty big wire, so I think this is a good reading. It shouldn't have much resistance.

The following is based on an ASSUMPTION that it works like a car horn (probably).

1.0 sounds plausible to be. How many volts? It probably breaks a set of contacts when the diaphragm moves. and then the process probably repeats at high speed. The points might be stuck.

The ohmmeter wont give you a definitive answer. If the resistance was high that would definitely be bad, assuming you are measuring ONLY the coil, but if there was a shorted turn, the resistance would not be far enough lower than normal to tell. It would however completely destroy the efficiency of the coil.

The first thing I did was clean the points. I'm convinced the coil is okay. Now I'm busy cleaning everything up.

Back