When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Delta Hornlite, Hornlight Light wiring photos

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

pkleppert

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi,
Posted are photos of Delta hornlights from theCABE. Some show 3 wires, some show 2 wires connected to the hornlight. A wiring diagram from theCABE for a horn on the handlebars and a light on the fender is a 4 wire hook-up. Can anyone post a photo of the wire going to the light? It looks like it needs to be a spring, a small disc with the wire going through it and a glob of solder on the end of the wire for the lightbulb to touch when it is screwed into place, compressing the disc and spring. Yes? What would a third wire be used for or connected to?

Delta Bar Mount Horn-Lite Headlight-001.jpg

444CD4B3-3A0E-4B3F-B4E0-B4E4DE36400F.jpeg

20210611_200014.jpg

$_57.jpg

IMG_3187.JPG

IMG_3189.JPG

There is a positive wire for the horn and a positive wire for the light. The third wire is a ground and is not needed if your light and battery tube have good grounds to the bicycle, usually the battery tube has felt on the clamps to the bike and prevents a good ground so it is a good idea to have a ground wire.
If you have a bad ground your light will be dim.
You’re right about the spring and small disc with the wire going through it for the reflector housing. That little disc has to be non-conductive

Great info and schematic. I have confusion at times wiring up horn lights, switches etc., so can relate. I reached out a couple years back and was thankfully helped out to get a bike hornlight, and button working correct. I run batteries in most of my bicycles full time ( Industrial leak proof batts) horns and light ( even display units), BUT have decided not to keep the batteries in these 4-D cell hornlight tube set ups.

They are quite finicky based on the ground ( how perfect all your connections are), how well the felt insulates with the brackets ( especially on an unpainted Silver King) and can short out/connect with ghostly mystery. I experienced ( all it takes is a nudge) the light coming on itself, and worse, the battery tube shorting out and getting HOT...HOT..... Just a word of advice.

Back