When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Delta silver ray question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Euphman06

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Does anyone know when the bicycle version of the silver ray started being produced? I have any early monark silverking that has the "screw in the back" version of the delta ray which Ive assumed was wrong since the bike version had the screws in the side. Someone else just posted an early silverking and it also looked like it had the "screw in the back" version of the delta ray. This is for the 28 spoke triple step wheels, hard rubber troxel saddle silver kings. Maybe just a coincidence but Im wondering if there ever was a time that they did use the screw in the back silver ray before switching over to the typical ones we associate as the bicyle version.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

This is another members on here. He confirmed that his has the screw in the back version. He also said he has another '34 with the same screw in the back silver ray and knows of a buddy who has a '34 with the same silver ray.
2ec294aa-7c1f-4e9b-ac7a-d77e340614f6-jpeg.jpg

This is mine which has the screw in the back variety as well..

596994539c9f308676605f5becf198ff-jpg.jpg

I did notice that in the catalog, the drawing of the silver king showed no screws on the side of the silver ray, but kind of assumed it was just artistic license, but maybe not...

I have had some of these lights with original glass lenses and the lenses does not say "Silveray", so I guess it's another model? for another use? maybe a cowl light?

I just couldnt believe that the light was changed on my bike which was very obviously neglected for a loooong time before I bought it. Still had the conduit attached to it and everything. Cat pictures didnt show a screw on the side but we all know how artistic licensing goes with those old adverts but I think weve found enough original examples of the early silver kings to suggest that the screw in the back version was used in 1934 and then 35 changed to the style we all know are for bikes.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back