When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Deluxe flyer

-

Oldnut

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Picked this up today at a auction.i think I'm going to leave this one alone.this is of the neatest head badges I've seen.and I've never seen this chainwheel before? Thanks for any help
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nice bike! I have that same chainring on an early 20s Schwinn. Like a sweetheart but with the secondary holes in it.

hard to say what year.it has newer rims.looks to be from the teens with the narrow fenders.and looks to be schwinn built telling from the fork.

Yea The frt wheel is wrong i have a same color clad frt wheel. I couldn't believe the tires are good and not rotten.should I try to swap the tire to the other rim or leave it alone? And get another tire? Thanks

I have a schwinn tank in the barn looked at the flyer and it slid in like a glove.did a little investigation about this bike.came up with this pict in a 1917 Hawthorne catalog ( thanks Dave) very close even the double frt fender braces are the same.did schwinn make bikes for Montgomery wards? Thanks for any input
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OH, YEAH ... Daddy Like That Head Badge !!!

That's a great bicycle, in every respect, Ron !!! For me, a lot of the magic is in the dual front fender braces
and that piece of literature. You are very fortunate to have that tank !!!

............. patric

12281_copy.jpg

did schwinn make bikes for Montgomery wards?

Yes they did build for Wards! Evidenced by strike documents from a metal polishers union publication. It is one of the rare glimpses into the huge jobbing business Schwinn did in it's early years. Other standout names are: Shapleigh Hardware "speed" and "ruby?" (could be "Rugby" as there are Shapleigh Rugby badged bikes know and documented), Haverford "Black Beauty" and there were recently posted some Hibbard Spencer Bartlett badged bikes listed here on the cabe.

booksidL3ScAAAAMAAJpgRA8PA32img1zoom3hle-1.jpg

booksidL3ScAAAAMAAJpgRA8PA33img1zoom3hle-1.jpg

Flyer

Thank, the suspicions were right thanks only on the cabe you can get this info from the pros what a bunch.

Back