deluxe hornet qs

• REMINDER: There is a 2-day bump rule for Classifieds forums. Please take a moment to review the rules by clicking HERE.

This ad disappears when logged in

krazikev

Finally riding a big boys bike
Oct 30, 2010
ny
Just wondering what is the difference in value and features between a Deluxe hornet and just a plain old hornet? I have a 1958 one year only color Deluxe hornet and would like to know. Thanks all for your time on this

bike

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Feb 26, 2007
Bicycleland
I think on earlier bikes deluxe guard and fat fenders- maybe rocket ray - springer for sure on deluxe....not a schwinn guy but that is what I remember=panther without the chrome

phantom

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 14, 2010
Mi
Your 58 DeLuxe has a springer fork, rocket ray, chrome S7's....Opalescent red was available on a 57 and 58

Last edited:

krazikev

Oct 30, 2010
ny
Your 58 DeLuxe has a springer fork, rocket ray, chrome S7's....Opalescent red was available on a 57 and 58
Thanks and yes the late 57s were considered 58s to some since sales started in 58 at least thats what I heard dont quote me

phantom

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Nov 14, 2010
Mi
What was the span in years on the hornet and what years had the deluxe
Research isn't all that difficult. You can google almost anything in the world, including Schwinns. Granted, it isn't as easy as asking questions and waiting for them to answered....Wait, yes it is.

krazikev

Oct 30, 2010
ny
Research isn't all that difficult. You can google almost anything in the world, including Schwinns. Granted, it isn't as easy as asking questions and waiting for them to answered....Wait, yes it is.
Already did no luck just thought you pros had it off the top of ur head, I have patience I can wait.

krazikev

Oct 30, 2010
ny
All the typing you just did you could have saved yourself time and only type 5 words..... Year made to year end, lol

Last edited:

GTs58

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Sep 2, 2012
Central Arizona
What was the span in years on the hornet and what years had the deluxe

The Hornet name started in 1952 D19 balloon, and ran thru 1964 L13 a middleweight and it had many many changes over the years, to many to list.

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture