When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

deluxe hornet qs

-

krazikev

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just wondering what is the difference in value and features between a Deluxe hornet and just a plain old hornet? I have a 1958 one year only color Deluxe hornet and would like to know. Thanks all for your time on this

I think on earlier bikes deluxe guard and fat fenders- maybe rocket ray - springer for sure on deluxe....not a schwinn guy but that is what I remember=panther without the chrome

Your 58 DeLuxe has a springer fork, rocket ray, chrome S7's....Opalescent red was available on a 57 and 58

Last edited:
Your 58 DeLuxe has a springer fork, rocket ray, chrome S7's....Opalescent red was available on a 57 and 58
Thanks and yes the late 57s were considered 58s to some since sales started in 58 at least thats what I heard dont quote me

What was the span in years on the hornet and what years had the deluxe
Research isn't all that difficult. You can google almost anything in the world, including Schwinns. Granted, it isn't as easy as asking questions and waiting for them to answered....Wait, yes it is.

Research isn't all that difficult. You can google almost anything in the world, including Schwinns. Granted, it isn't as easy as asking questions and waiting for them to answered....Wait, yes it is.
Already did no luck just thought you pros had it off the top of ur head, I have patience I can wait.

All the typing you just did you could have saved yourself time and only type 5 words..... Year made to year end, lol

Last edited:
What was the span in years on the hornet and what years had the deluxe

The Hornet name started in 1952 D19 balloon, and ran thru 1964 L13 a middleweight and it had many many changes over the years, to many to list.

Back