When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dent repair

-

Cranky Chain Cycles

Finally riding a big boys bike
What tools are you all using for dents in fenders? Hammer and dolly? I’m hoping the generic 7-pc kits will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are gonna fix loads of them an english wheel/ fender roller is best. There a few who use other methods for shallow dents.

Pretty amazing job here. To bad he doesn't show you his secret.

If you only have a few dimples and want to do things on the cheap, make yourself a sand or shot bag out of an old leather couch cushion. Use the bag in place of a dolly to support the piece while you work out the blemish. The bag can conform to the basic shape of the part, in a way that a rigid dolly cannot. In the case of fenders, a shoemaker's anvil isn't a bad choice, either.

all you need is these two. don't waste money on crap tools from Harbor freight. the hammer is by Martin, you can't go wrong with them.

I made a fender dolly for bicycles that is the same size as the inside of the fender.. made it out of a 2" long piece of tubing, then filled half with steel to give it more weight
1559683210305.png
1559683275420.png

Last edited:
one thing you do not want to do, hit it from the inside 50 times to get it back to where it was. you will make more dents than what you are trying to fix.
show a better photo of the dent

one thing you do not want to do, hit it from the inside 50 times to get it back to where it was. you will make more dents than what you are trying to fix.
show a better photo of the dent

This is the sellers photo. I’m picking up the jaguar tomorrow. This project needs a lot of work so I’m trying to minimize headaches. If the deal goes through I’ll get some some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back