When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derailleur cable 70 suburban 5 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Derrick

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Im having a hard time locating a new shift/Derailleur cable with round end any one have any leads?
20170123_202353.jpg

Unfortunately the cables that @momo608 recommended are for modern road or mountain bike shifters and the rounded ends will not fit the vintage Schwinn shifters without extensive filing, The Schwinn Single and Twin-Stik shifters were similar to Huret shifters and require Huret cables using much thinner "lolipop" ends. Here you will find NOS Huret cables that will fit with no modification: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Huret-shifting-cables-63-Jubelee-Schwinn-Raleigh-/160354414190

Note that is a package of 10 cables for $12 (including shipping), so they are only $1.20 each.

Its hard finding a good pic of the end but the huret i can definitely see. Ive been a little skiddish around ebay for a while got burned a few times after years of no problems. But the price is right thanks for the leads!

Unfortunately the cables that @momo608 recommended are for modern road or mountain bike shifters and the rounded ends will not fit the vintage Schwinn shifters without extensive filing, The Schwinn Single and Twin-Stik shifters were similar to Huret shifters and require Huret cables using much thinner "lolipop" ends. Here you will find NOS Huret cables that will fit with no modification: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Huret-shifting-cables-63-Jubelee-Schwinn-Raleigh-/160354414190

Note that is a package of 10 cables for $12 (including shipping), so they are only $1.20 each.
Slight filing, like 10 seconds worth, but yours was the better suggestion. just bought some myself.

BTW, the cables I suggested are stainless

Last edited:
Back