When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Derringer Cycles engine case part

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jay81

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Anyone know about Derringer Cycles? My boss is looking looking for the outer engine case piece. He knows I'm into bikes and asked me to see if anyone knows where to get this part? I did search online, looks like the company might still be around but not much info on the site and no parts. Maybe someone has a used one?

nc_ohc=fKQKYFCZsnwAX_S5KPY&_nc_ht=scontent.fdet3-1.jpg

339764744_197667509653644_3672715674145135911_n.jpg

I honestly have no idea, it's either my boss's bike or someone he knows. I'll have to ask him if the piece was saved.
Bike is in FL and I'm in MI, so I can't look at it in person, but I was assuming that's cast aluminum. Can that be welded?

Did you save the broken part? Looks to me like an easy fix with a TIG welder.

John
I honestly have no idea, it's either my boss's bike or someone he knows. I'll have to ask him if the piece was saved.
Bike is in FL and I'm in MI, so I can't look at it in person, but I was assuming that's cast aluminum. Can that be welded?
Yes, any competent person that TIG welds can fix that side cover. A good guy, could even make it look cool! Just make sure the part is properly cleaned and degreased, but no brake cleaner because of the fumes. Bolt the side cover to a metal plate to prevent warpage. Nothing a good welder doesn't already know. Fix it and look for a new replacement.

John

Last edited:
Back